Windows 10 Builds 16278 & 16353 - Skip Ahead Starts

Across the span of two days - Aug 29 then Aug 31 MS released both build 16278 for the Redstone 3 branch (Fall Creators Update) for Fast Ring Insiders and the first Redstone 4 build 16353 for Skip Ahead members

From the documented fixes, etc in the build descriptions it is difficult to say what build 16353 was based from and I can't say that it is actually 75 builds "newer" than 16278 for example.  Build number now seem to just be milestone markers.

What I do know if that both builds were very slow to install.   I have machines both in Fast Ring and Skip Ahead and both took a very long time to prep, download and install - well over 90 minutes each.  And post update on my HP laptop several driver installs failed from Windows Update.  I was able to manually install - but I shouldn't have to.

Can you tell the difference between the two.   Not really - other than the watermark - the general look and feel seems identical.  

Even MS calls out the fact that there will be little if any changes in RS4 build and it makes me wonder why they actually did Skip Ahead since in probably a month - all Fast Ring folks will be getting the same builds.

Bottom line is okay - I have some machines on the Fall Creators path and one on RS4.  I'm not sure of the value of skip ahead at this point.  Everything will depend on how quickly MS says RS3 is done...












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ASUS RT-AC68U Router & WDS - a nice solution for a large home.

Solar Storage - 2023 Update

Home Automation Platforms + Matter - Early Observations