Windows 10 Build 14905 - Redstone 2 for Mobile Appears

Just 4 business days after releasing the first Redstone 2 branch build for PCs, MS released Windows 10 Build 14905.

This is the first Redstone 2 build that supported Windows 10 Mobile as well.  

For both PC and Mobile there were a handful of improvements/fixes around Edge, Sketchpad and some call actions.

As always I installed on a PC, Laptop, Tablet and Phone and all installed with no issues.  

As with 14901 - MS called out that Adobe Reader would fail in 14905 on PC, but yet on one of my machines it is working fine.  The difference is that on that machine I have Visio 2013 installed.  My other machines which do NOT have Visio 2013 installed - Adobe fails.  So obviously Adobe see's some library or function was installed with Visio 2013 that allows it to run.  There is no Adobe issue on Mobile.

I was happy to see that my lowly Lumia 735 is still supported on Redstone 2.  To be honest I was expecting an updated announcement from MS on supported platforms for Redstone 2 - with another wave of legacy devices removed from support.

As i've mentioned before though, while I may see some performance improvements via the updates to OneCore, many of the new features in Redstone 2 I just won't be able to test since the 735 doesn't have the supported hardware.   

But I do expect to see a number of app improvements, especially with Office, Cortana, Edge, etc.    

I have noticed a little crisper performance on my 735 with 14905.  Nothing earth shattering, but better than 14393.  

Nothing much else to report on this build - So now it's just settling into the rhythm of Redstone 2 builds and see how this branch progresses over the next 9 months.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Storage - 2023 Update

ASUS RT-AC68U Router & WDS - a nice solution for a large home.

Home Automation Platforms + Matter - Early Observations