Windows 10 Build 14332 - the Bug Bash Begins

Just 4 days after the release of Windows 10 Build 14328 for PC and Mobile, MS released build 14332 to Fast Ring Insiders for both platforms.

MS did add one new feature with Cortana search support for Office365, but the primary focus of this build was the beginning of what MS is calling Bug Bash.  

As I stated with 14328 - the Redstone 1 branch is effectively feature complete - so the focus between now and the schedule release of "this summer" which I expect will be July is to fix bugs that testers find.   To that end is the bug bash campaign that MS announced.  This involves a number of "quests" for testers to exercise certain features and provide feedback.  To me this will be an ongoing thing.

For example MS did fix the Connected Standby bug that was causing BSODs on my Dell Venue 8 Pro.  So I can comment positively on that fix.

MS included with the announcement a laundry list of bug fixes that can found with the announcement at

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/04/26/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14332/

I was able to successfully install 14332 on a desktop, laptop, tablet and phone. I did need to reboot my phone to get all of the post OS upgrade apps to reinstall properly, but otherwise pretty smooth.  

14332 does appear to be stable on all platforms and the Mobile edition does appear to be a bit smoother than 14328.  

I do use Office365 for both home and business use so I will get the opportunity to test the Cortana search capabilities.  Additionally I have been doing some basic tests on both the Bash Linux support and the new Ink capabilities.  Both with both features, I consider them to be pretty specialized and so not part of someone's daily use.

We are effectively 13 weeks from the Anniversary date of the official release of Windows 10 - so I expect to see somewhere between 10 - 15 more test builds prior to release.  That should put the release build number to be somewhere in the 14400s or maybe 14500.  

Overall I have been happy with Redstone, while I have mentioned several times that many of the newer features are more focused towards true "Windows 10" devices, like Surface 4, for the most part the builds have been stable across all of my platforms and while I have experienced some specific app stability issues, I expect most if not all to be resolved prior to release.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ASUS RT-AC68U Router & WDS - a nice solution for a large home.

Solar Storage - 2023 Update

Home Automation Platforms + Matter - Early Observations