Windows 10 Build 15061 - Once more with feeling

On Friday Mar 17, MS released their 3rd Windows 10 build of the week with 15061.   This again was a PC only build.  Mobile remains at 15055.

As with 15058 and 15060 earlier in the week - 15061 contained a small number of fixes.  Evaluation build watermarks are still evident - so I was wrong thinking that maybe 15060 was the creators update.  At the same time the 15058 build was made available in ISO.  

The update installed quickly and easily on my laptop and tablet but was very slow to download on my desktop.  All eventually applied okay. 

While my laptop and tablet also allowed my to login in okay - it took several attempts on my desktop.  I would consistently receive user profile service errors and even after multiple shutdown, power up cycles it still would not work. Eventually a plain restart correctly the problem. 

And so while I'm not experiencing any errors per se.  I am experiencing some of what I call nuisance errors that really make me question exactly where the current state of the build + apps are and do I in fact really have a clean build of 15061.  Back to the whole question of performing a system reset or doing a clean build from the latest ISO, then applying the updates.  

For example MSN apps like Weather and Money live tiles have died.  The bubble live tile in People only works on my tablet.   The People app also seems to be slow and sometimes when you go to click on the close icon in the window it will not work. 

Obviously we are very close to release of the Creators Update.  And while I thought we were actually there with builds like 15046 - this latest round of builds starting with 15048 thru 15061 hasn't in my opinion really moved the needle towards a more stable or effective experience.  

So as far as I can tell - we're still moving forward with builds - so who knows how many more - before we reach release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solar Storage - 2023 Update

ASUS RT-AC68U Router & WDS - a nice solution for a large home.

Home Automation Platforms + Matter - Early Observations