Windows 10 Build 16179 + Mobile 15205

On April 19 - just 3 business days from the previous release MS released Windows 10 build 16179 for PC and 15205 for Mobile.

As I've mentioned in previous posts - I believe that Mobile is effectively in maintenance mode and won't see any major updates in this branch and after this note I will no longer report on any Windows 10 Mobile builds

16179 had a handful of fixes and re-introduced what MS is calling "Power Throttling" to attempt to increase battery life for laptops and tablets.  MS claims they can save up to 11%.   I'll see how this works in the coming builds and see if I can really notice any difference.

Another new feature was some auto checkpointing capability for Hyper-V to help developers quickly revert to a known state.  

The build installed somewhat slowly but correctly on my test devices.  I still have to go through the extra steps of manually uninstalling Cisco AnyConnect and then re-installing afterwards.   Similarly I now have to manually update my Conexant Audio drivers after builds as well.   

Hopefully we'll soon see the My People app that has been previewed by some of the popular enthusiast sites.   

Really not going to see much movement in Redstone 3 until after the Build Conference.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ASUS RT-AC68U Router & WDS - a nice solution for a large home.

Solar Storage - 2023 Update

Home Automation Platforms + Matter - Early Observations