Windows 10 Build 16184 - My People shows its face

On April 28, MS released Build 16184 of Windows 10 to Fast Ring Insiders.

The big news with the build actually wasn't around core OS features but two new apps.

My People - this new app provides you the ability to pin frequent contacts to your task bar.  The My People app draws from Mail, Contacts and Skype to provide you a source for contacts you may want to pin.   To me though they are missing other key sources like LinkedIn or Teams or 3rd party apps like Slack, Box.   

There is also an update to the Mail & Calendar app to improve Google Mail (Gmail) experience.  

And yes there was a group of fixes - about 10 or so.   We're about 10 days away from the MS Build conference where I expect to see the major new announcements for the Redstone 3 branch and probably it official name.  

The update installed fine across all my platforms.  And yes I still need to do the Cisco AnyConnect and Conexant Audio drivers dance on my laptop - but it's become old hat.  

So we might not get another build until May 10 - when the Build Conference launches - maybe with some of the new features in preview.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ASUS RT-AC68U Router & WDS - a nice solution for a large home.

Solar Storage - 2023 Update

Home Automation Platforms + Matter - Early Observations