Windows 10 build 17025 - Small Steps

On Oct 25, MS released Windows 10 build 17025 to Fast Ring and Skip Ahead Insiders.

The build itself contained some small updates to the Ease of Access settings, an option to allow UWP programs to be included in Startup, some updates to the Yahei font for Chinese simplified language configuration and then about 25 or so fixes to feedback issues.  

In addition as I called out in my post on build 17017 - MS is continuing to move various UI components to the Fluent design framework. In this build it was CalendarView that is used in the clock and calendar flyout.

The update installed cleanly on my test machines and seems slightly more stable so far than 17017 was.   I had been experiencing sudden black screen reboots when browsing in Chrome and so far none - albeit I've only been running the build for a couple of hours.

So as my post title suggests - right now the RS4 branch is moving forward with small steps.  With all of the MS major events done for the year - we'll have to see what announcements come in 2018.  

As I have commented on earlier - I see two major themes & goals for RS4.  First is moving to Fluent Design and second is Windows 10 on ARM.  While I may be surprised I don't expect to see an new ARM based devices formally announced or available until maybe CES and truly available until the end of the RS4 branch in March 2018.   



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ASUS RT-AC68U Router & WDS - a nice solution for a large home.

Solar Storage - 2023 Update

Home Automation Platforms + Matter - Early Observations